10 dams closest to current center
Click this link and the dam is shown in Google Maps (classic). Then manually click "Save to map" on Google Maps.
Colored Relief by Japanese GSI
Map data © Japanese GSI, Japan Coast Guard
All Rivers & Lakes
All Rivers, All Lakes & Topography
Map data by gridscapes.net
- Dam data on this site is based on Dams in Japan with permission from its author, The Japan Dam Foundation. Any unauthorized use of the data is prohibited.
- Dams marked "location unconfirmed" on Dams in Japan are not plotted.
- Colored relief map is from GSI Map of Japanese GSI. Ocean area of the relief is based on data by Hydrographic and Oceanographic Department of Japan Coast Guard.
- All Rivers, All Lakes & Topography map is from gridscapes.net.
- Firefox3.0 and later
- IE8.0 and later
- This site is built by OnTarget Inc. Though you can use this site for free of charge, all rights are reserved. If you have any comment or inquiry, send e-mail to
- This site keeps location and zoom level of your previous visit in cookies.
- 4-digit numbers displayed in balloons and list are Dam ID found on "Dams in Japan" .
- Dam icons are primarily based on appearance.
- Arch (A), Gravity arch (GA), Multiple arch (MA)
- Gravity (G), Gravity concrete and fill (GF), Hollow gravity (HG)
- Rockfill (R)
- Buttress (B)
- Earthfill (E)
- Trapezoidal CSG(CSG), (FG), Asphalt face fill (FA), Asphalt core fill (FC)
Last update of dam data: 2017/9/5
||Map type "All Rivers, All Lakes and Topography" added.
||"Always use independent icons" function added.
||Map type "Colored Relief" added.
||Updated Maps API version from 3.9 to 3.16, jQuery from 1.7.1 to 1.11.1.
||Changed "Send to Google My Places" destination to classic Google Maps, because new Google Maps doesn't allow saving lat/lng points.
||Fixed unclickable link text in InfoWindow on Chrome.
||"Send to Google My Places" function added. However, you have to manually save to my places due to lack of My Places API.
||Updated Maps API version from 3.7 to 3.9.
||English version published.